Friday, October 1, 2021

In the Age of AI

 In this film we see a glimpse of what the future holds for society. To touch on national security and crime, it will be a lot harder to pull off anything with the facial recognition tools they have now. In some places in China all you have to do is smile at a machine and you can pay for your food that way. They are even able to charge people with jay walking through facial recognition. I hate to say this but I can not wait to see the lengths criminals will go to to rob a bank or something in the future. Yes everything will be faster from paying, getting loans, receiving packages ext.. but if you think about it, with that comes more governmental access to your privacy.  Honestly, sit there and think about this. Do you want the government knowing your every move. In todays world they almost do with social media, how far will they be able to take it with the advancements that are being developed?  Kind of feels like I'm on some type of watchlist for no reason to me. This video also talks about the advancements of self automated cars and trucks. I was highly impressed with the person pioneering the main company pushing this industry. In his early 20's he is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company designing automated driving 18- wheelers. This is really turning that entire industry upside down.  He says this will reduce the number of crashes per year making the roads safer. I agree with this but I believe we should take our time. This is also cutting cost for trucking companies. Eventually there will be no need for truck drivers completely erasing this job off the market. We see how this effects one family imparticuly barely scraping by to pay for a yearly doctors appointment. We then see it on a larger scale where a small town was basically built on a factory. These jobs were taken by A.I machines and people were thrusted into poverty; not able to even afford to send their kids to college.  As this technology becomes more developed I know more and more jobs will become obsolete. Will this create new jobs or more poverty? A question people are struggling to answer and the creators of these giant corporations like the Jeff Bezos's are saying don't worry about it just let it happen. They are only saying this because they will only get richer. A play on how America is honestly built today where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Are we ever going to fix that? 


Artificial Intelligence Technology Guide | Enterprise Digitalization

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final exam post

  My relationship with technology is very healthy. I do not use it too much and I do not use it too little. I give credit to my parents as t...